If you own an asphalt driveway or manage a business that has an asphalt parking…
Most effective preventative maintenance programs call for parking lots and other asphalt surface areas to be seal coated every 2-3 years. Now that the weather is getting warmer, it is a great time to sealcoat. In fact, Mid-May through Mid-September are the best times to sealcoat your parking lot or any asphalt surface areas. The sealcoat can last twice as long when applied during this time, because the hot sun creates the best environment for curing the pavement sealer film. When the sealcoat is applied to hot asphalt, the water immediately evaporates from the pavement sealer. The sun dries the sealcoat film from the surface, curing from the top down. This process “hard bakes” sealcoat film onto the asphalt surface, and the harder the cured film, the more durable and longer lasting the sealcoating job will be
Besides it being the perfect weather to sealcoat your parking lot, there are many other reasons you should not wait to sealcoat.
Here are our Top 10 reasons to seal coat your parking lot now:
10. Creates better traction for pedestrians and vehicles
9. Provides a deep, rich black color, and makes traffic lines more visible
8. Boosts curb appeal and improves property value
7. Decreases oil, salt, fuel and other chemical damage
6. Seals out water and moisture
5. Prevents oxidation
4. Protects from environmental distress and weathering
3. Increases pavement flexibility and helps prevent cracking and chipping
2. Doubles your pavement life
And the #1 reason you should seal coat your parking lot now:
- Saves You Money – Seal coating costs pennies per square foot whereas asphalt repairs cost dollars per square foot.
Convinced? We hope so! If you want to inquire about seal coating or a free on-site estimate and honest evaluation of your property please fill out our contact form, or call us at 844-PAVETEX.
About Integrity Paving and Coatings: Serving Central Texas since 2007, Integrity Paving and Coatings is known for Quality, Efficiency, Logistics, Communications and Transparency. Integrity Paving and Coatings consistently provides the highest level of customer service and professional workmanship. You can learn more about our services here.